MANHATTAN, Kansas — The answers were the same, but the wardrobe was different. Chris Klieman, in a black suit and purple tie, was formally introduced as the new head coach at Kansas State on Wednesday afternoon.

Klieman, who is doubling as the North Dakota State head coach this week, accepted the position on Monday. He and his family flew to Manhattan, Kan., on Tuesday night and are returning this afternoon for NDSU's practice later on today.

"When I leave here and head back, I have practice tonight," Klieman said. "I'll make a few phone calls late tonight for Kansas State. Thursday, I'll turn my attention to North Dakota State. Friday, I have a football game. Nobody call me."

The Bison host South Dakota State Friday night in the Division I FCS semifinals at Gate City Bank Field at the Fargodome.

WDAY logo
listen live
watch live

Klieman said he'll address his assistant coaching staff within the next week.

"We'll find some guys to be able to recruit in Texas and Oklahoma to help me with that, Kansas City, Houston and Dallas area and we're going to attack those areas," he said.

It appears current Kansas State assistant coach Sean Snyder will be retained. Current NDSU director of football operations Hank Jacobs accompanied Klieman to Manhattan.